- 3 tablespoon chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, sage and parsley)
- 1 tablespoon French's Dijon mustard (this is gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 3 to 4 pound chicken, quartered
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices of Hempler's bacon (this is gluten free)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 bunches kale, collard or mustard greens (a mix also works well), stemmed and torn
- ¾ cup Swanson Chicken Stock (this is gluten free)
- Mix the herbs, mustard and olive oil in a non-reactive baking dish. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and turn to coat evenly.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees f.
- Place chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast until meat is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, sauté the bacon over medium high heat until rendered, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the greens, in batches, and sauté until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, cover and gently braise over low heat until tender, about 40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve with chicken.
White House Executive Chef